Story of National
Taiwan Library
Home > Story of National Taiwan Library

Story of National Taiwan Library

Taiwan Province Taipei Library(1948-1973)

 
1948
  • Managed by Educational Office of Taiwan Province Government and renamed as “Taiwan Province Taipei Library.”
1950
  • Organized “Educational Movies” events and broadcasted movies on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Taipei New Park. 
1951
  • Organized “Music Appreciation” Event to play famous world music for people to enjoy, which enriched the Library social and educational events.
1952
  • Organized “English Album Course” to invite people to learn English by listening to English albums.
1953
  • Organized “Chinese Course.”
1954
  • Cooperated with US Embassy and borrowed a truck to begin “Book Tour” event to deliver books to distant readers.
1955
  • Chiang Fu-Tsung became Director General in May.
  • Wang Hsing-Wu became Director General in October.
1956
  • Arranged Children’s Reading Room in Guting; provided toys and broadcasted children’s movies regularly in addition to books. 
1958
  • Arranged General Reading Room in Beitou for Beitou residents’s use.
1959
  • Started the construction of Taiwan Province Taipei Library’s new branches.
1960
  • Moved about 15,000 books on Taiwan to Muzha General Reading Room that was open for readers.
1961
  • Purchased various albums, including Beijing Opera, Kunqu, and Japanese folk songs to enrich audio collection and open to readers to check out.
  • Organized Nanyang Collection Exhibition to introduce the special collection of Nanyang. 
1962
  • Established Xindian General Reading Room to collect southern information for readers’ reference.
1963
  • The new branch on Xinsheng South Road was partially open for operation.
1964
  • According to a survey on readers conducted in this year, students were main readers of the Library, taking up 44%. The ratio of male and female readers was 92 to 8, which showed great differences.
1965
  • Liu Hsiao-Chien became Director General on September 1st.
1967
  • Han Pao-Chien became Director General on February 20th.
1968
  • The construction of the new branch on Xinsheng South Road was completed, and the branch started to operate.
1969
  • Yuan Chin-Shu became Director General on October 1st.
館址:23574新北市中和區中安街八十五號 電話:(02)2926-6888 瀏覽人次:225338
No.85 Zhong-an St., Zhonghe District, New Taipei City 23574, Taiwan (R.O.C) TEL:(+886)2-2926-6888
Copyrights reserved by National Taiwan Library, 2016  Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 Above, Resolution 1024*768
本站建議使用IE11以上、Chrome及Firefox瀏覽器以獲得最佳瀏覽效果。